Interfaith Families Project Part-Time Job Openings
Want to make a big difference in the lives of interfaith kids?
Check out Interfaith Families Project’s part-time openings:
IFFP is Hiring for
– Two 7th Grade Sunday School Teachers
– One Remote Administrative Assistant
Two 7th Grade Sunday School Teachers
– Attend an all-day training on EITHER September 7th OR 14th.
– We already have
– Send weekly emails to parents.
– Communicate with
– Mentor a teen intern (if you have one).
– Coordinate with teens and their mentors to
– History of participation in religious communities
– Great organizational and communication skills
– A good sense of humor and flexibility
– Ability to lead discussions, listening and encouraging thought
– Enjoys working with seventh graders
– An open-minded appreciation of Judaism and Christianity, especially openness to the intersection of them both
– Openness to non-judgmental, non-proselytizing interfaith dialogue
– Broad-minded and tolerant of religious beliefs
– Is reliable, mature and stable, and able to be a role model
– Can create activities and meetings that provide a balance of these four elements: spiritual and emotional growth, group bonding, community service, fun.
– Prompt communication with parents, students, and supervisor
Ideally: Able to commit for more than one year, moving from 7th to 8th-grade class with your
Openings: We are looking for EITHER 1 lead and 1 assistant OR 2 co-teachers.
– Lead Teacher: $2000 (about 100 hours)
– Co-teacher: $1500 (about 75 hours)
– Assistant Teacher: $1000 (about 50 hours)
– Field Education: This position can be approved for field education.
– Location: meets at Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School’s Lower School in Rockville, MD. at 1901 E. Jefferson Street, Rockville, MD 20852.
– Transportation: No car required. It is walking distance from Twinbrook and White Flint metro stations. Members can pick teachers up at a metro station.
– Start date: Position must be filled by June 1st but starts on September 1st.
– For more information about IFFP and the coming of age classes, please visit our website at www.iffp.net/coming-of-age.
To apply: Please indicate your interest here: https://goo.gl/forms/sCzv3iq1XQrgN5mA3
Remote Administrative Assistant for Religious Education Program
(It can be held in addition to the positions above.)
– Compensation: $3182, from which taxes, social security, and other withholdings WILL BE deducted as required by law.
– Hours: an average of 4 hours per week for 42 weeks from August 1, 2019, to June 30, 2020
– All these hours are remote. Meetings are online at Zoom.us.
Job Summary: Helps the Director of Religious Education with logistics for religious education events and with programming for Nursery, Sunday School, and Coming of Age
– Relates well to people
– Organized and prompt in getting tasks done
– Flexibility, openness to input and change
– Ability to work well independently
– Comfort with theological diversity and Interfaith dialogue
– Good communications skills
– The ability or willingness to learn word processing, mail merge, internet and spreadsheets, Google Drive and Sites, database
– Interfaith experience, particularly in Judaism and Christianity
– Experience updating websites, in education, or in event planning
Hours: 4 per week for 42 weeks
Supervision: The religious education program assistant works in team with and is supervised by IFFP’s Director of Religious Education.
– Help organize Sunday School Insider website pages.
If you are on location, help on Sunday mornings when there are big events.
– Put up classroom signs and unlock doors before 9:30 am
– After Sunday School (about
– Ensure that there are enough hall helpers every Sunday. Create and monitor an online sign-up sheet.
– Help with database reports and other administrative tasks as needed.
– Meet with the DRE online most weeks
To apply: Please indicate your interest here: https://forms.gle/ftAs6Q3AxepwkgMu9