Most of the teachers in our Sunday School are IFFP parents. And our parents have a strong influence over the direction of the Sunday School.
Below are our Sunday School goals–identified and prioritized by parents:
Preschool to Fourth Grade:
- Understand Judaism and Christianity and their connection with each other.
- Internalize values, beliefs, ethics, and justice.
- Be in community with IFFP/other interfaith kids.
- Become comfortable in religious services and holiday celebrations.
- Develop their Interfaith identity.
- Think critically about religious issues.
- Have good teaching methods/fun.
- Do community service, understand justice.
- Learn very basic Hebrew.
- Develop tolerance.
- Understand Israel, Israel/Palestine Conflict.
Fifth to Eighth Grades:
- Internalize values, beliefs, and ethics.
- Develop Interfaith Identity
- Understand Judaism and Christianity
- Be in Community with IFFP/Other Interfaith Kids
- Have Good Teaching Methods/Fun
- Develop Tolerance
- Think Critically about Religious Issues
- Do Community Service and Understand Justice
- Learn Very Basic Hebrew
- Understand Israel, Israel/Palestine Conflict
- Become Comfortable in Religious Services